Twice mercerised 100% Cotton for a soft, lusterous sheen finish.
The threads are hand washable and the colours resist fading or running.
A Full range of 440 solid colours is stocked.
The 8 metre skein is made up of six individual strands. This enables the user to divide the strands and create finer detailed work (one or two strands) as well using all six strands to quickly get maximum background filling.
The split strands also allow the stitcher to experiment, by twisting the threads of two (or more) colours together thereby creating new variations of colour blend.
This can add some spectacular results to the finished project.
PERFECT APPLICATION FOR:
- Cross stitch and detailed Tapestry work.
- All forms of free style embroidery.
- Ideal for creating designs or pictures in Bishop or Square Yoke style smocked garments
- Jewellery making in the popular woven bracelets known as Friendship Bracelets.
100% Pure New Wool – The natural components of wool lends itself to give a soft finish to the work.
The wool is spun as a twisted 4 ply yarn which gives good coverage to the applied surface of the background material.
The subtle colour shades and soft finishes are a good choice for both modern and vintage pictures and patterns
Note: The 4 strands can be split for finer use. They are also Colourfast and Mothproof.
PERFECT TO USE FOR
- Canvas and Tapestry work.
- Wool carpet repairs and darning.