The London Bead Co. Ltd was first established over 35 years ago by Faye Niven & daughter Alexandra Kidd.
Starting in Australia they moved to the other side of the globe to a little shop in Camden Markets, London.
Now located right opposite Kentish Town Tube Station, London. In a 2000 square foot treasure trove of all things beads, buttons, fabric, crystals, pearls, ribbon, threads, trimmings... anything your creative heart could desire.
With the added help of the third generation, Alexandra's daughter Madeleine, we pride ourselves on sharing our collective knowledge to our wonderful customers.
Not forgetting Faye's Husband John. Who has been shifting furniture, shelving, stock and all things computer from day one.
- Our shop stocks an enormous quantity of certain bead ranges (Delica & Seed Beads), embroidery threads plus lots of other bead accessory and needlecraft items.
- We are an approved reseller and one of the major stockists/suppliers of Swarovski's Crystal Beads, Pearls, Pendants and Flat back Stones in the UK.
- We maintain a stock of Swarovski Beads and Stones in an excellent selection of shapes, colours and sizes (not all are shown on-line at this time).
- Haberdashery, Fabrics and Books are already available from the on-line selection. A further range of items will be added soon.
- The largest selection of Threads by Brand in London are stocked by us and include many of the specialised hand dyed threads as well as the cross-stitch favourites.
- In the extensive Ribbon selection, stock is held for a range of beautiful hand dyed Hannah Silk Ribbons & 100% Silk Embroidery Ribbons.
All products have been lovingly selected by our family team of three generations
Plus an excellent delivery service is provided to ensure that you get your items as soon as possible (in most cases is the very next day) .
Visit our pages to see the wonderful things that are on offer.
Specialising in Smocking, Knitting, Heirloom Sewing & Embroidery and teaching for over 40 years, Faye has turned her passion and knowledge into this business, thereby providing the materials to continue the traditions of these crafts for future generations.
Specialising in Beadwork, Alexandra was a pioneer of the Beadworker's Guild.
With over 29 years of experience creating, designing & teaching, shares her knowledge in beading, especially beadwork on the loom & free style bead weaving, with our many customers and students
With all three generations now on the shop floor sharing the same passion for keeping creativity & art alive to help you.
Making something yourself by hand is a great accomplishment & will forever hold great sentimental value, however big or small. A far greater feeling then buying off the peg.
It has become increasingly difficult with Fast Fashion chains and the social standards to create something different and special.
We urge and encourage people to break this cycle and take time to buy and make quality items that could last a lifetime.