The Thread Gatherer – Silk n Colours
“Silk ‘n Colors” is a 12 ply, hand dyed, 100% silk thread.
There is a range of more than 280 different colour combinations.
How to use
- The 12 plies of these threads are divisible.
- Initially split the thread into 3 x 4 strands or plies where required.
- Where required by the project for finer work – further split the thread into 1 or 2 strands.
- When using fine evenweave fabrics such as linen, it is recommended that 2ply be used on 28 count cloth and 1ply on 32 count or (higher) cloth
- It always sensible to do a test sample in order to get the correct weight prior to starting a new piece.
- Strands from other “Silk n Color” threads can be tweaked together to create new shades and effects.
Perfect for using in
• Hand stitched embroidery projects including knot work
• Cross stitch and long stitch projects or enhancements
• Needlework and creative embroidery
Please Note – Price is per skein. There are 12 strands x 4.5 metres per skein.